Pages

Monday, January 6, 2014

Designer Crafts Connection - What's new?

Hi Crafty Friends!

Happy New Year!  And, welcome to the first Monday of the month blog post for the Designer Crafts Connection!

This month we're taking a look at our favorite ideas or techniques.  A lot of us designers are getting ready for the Winter CHA Show in Anaheim, California, so we will have lots of new ideas and techniques and supplies to show you in the coming months.  As I prepared to set up my Designer Showcase for the show,  I decided to make something new and I thought I'd share it with you.

We usually set up on a 6' table with the back against a curtain or another display.  Here's my display from last year.
This year, our showcases will be more like an art gallery.  Our displays for the show are on a pedestal and the surface is 36" square and 42" high.   Now, our displays will have a 360-degree view, so we have to design with that in mind.

To create my display, I used 3 canvas-covered frames.  I painted them tan.  Then, I cut foam board to fit in the backs of the frames.  I covered the foam board with quilt padding and then glued burlap over the top. I put these inside the back of the frames and hinged them together accordian-style.  This creates a standing display where I hang my jewelry samples and add signs or pictures.

Here's what it looks like so far:

I add some splashes of paint and some brown ink to give it an shabby, vintage look.  I also added some upholstery tacks here and there.  I glued tan twill tape around the edges to cover the canvas edges and the staples.  You could add other objects or papers or stamp on it.  It's very versatile and...

folds up to fit in your suitcase!

More photos to follow from the show itself!

Happy crafting!
Terry

No comments:

Post a Comment