Pages

Monday, March 2, 2015

Designer Crafts Connection: Inspired by Pinterest

Hi Crafty Friends!

Here it is another first Monday of the month and time for a round on the Designer Crafts Connection blog hop!  To see what everyone is up to this month, click on the links on the big blue DCC button to the left of this post.  This month we're creating crafts that are inspired by Pinterest.  As there are so many craft ideas on Pinterest, there will be a wide range of crafty ideas.  I'm sure you'll be inspired by the DCC crafts!

I love to create angels.  So, I took a look at the angel crafts category on Pinterest.  There are so many ideas that it can be overwhelming, but I decided to work with materials I have on hand and that I am comfortable with to create this Rustic Angel.  I used a blend of recycled materials and natural materials.
Rustic Angel by Terry Ricioli

Here are some of the materials that I collected:
A cardboard cone, cardboard coffee sleeves, burlap ribbon from Offray®, twine, a foam ball
Then, I added rusty wire and a paper lunch bag to the mix.  I was going to create wings from the cardboard sleeves, but I changed my mind!  You'll also need decoupage medium, tacky glue and scissors. 

Here's the basics if you want to create your own angel like this one:

1.  Add glue to the cone and wrap the cone with the burlap ribbon.  

2.  Cut a circle from the paper bag and decoupage it to the foam ball.  Glue the foam ball to the cone.

3.  Cut a strip the length of the paper bag about two inches wide.  Scrunch it up into a ball and unfold.  Tie a knot in the center and glue the ends at the back under the head.

4.  Glue and wrap twine around the head for hair.

5.  Cut a length of burlap ribbon and make a bow.  Glue it to the back over the arms.

6.  Make a halo with rusty wire and glue to the back of the hair.

I hope you'll try your version of this angel.  Use materials that you have around the house or you can gather outside.  Next, I want to create some angels for my garden.  I'm going to start collecting old rusty metal and furniture parts.

We on the Designer Crafts Connection circuit hope you will return later in the month when we create projects using Connie Crystal.  And, since this is National Craft Month, they'll be lot of ideas, so remember to #cre8time for extra crafting!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment