Pages

Monday, April 6, 2015

Designer Crafts Connection: Etched Plate

Hi Crafters!
This month on the Designer Crafts Connection blog hop, we're celebrating spring with flower designs.  So, hop around and see all the different media that the designers used to create a flower design.

I decided on an etched plate with flower stencils.  It's so easy to make with etchall® etching creme that you'll want to make one, too!

I purchased a glass plate at a local craft store and had some adhesive-backed stencils in my stash.

I placed the stencil in the center and taped around it with masking tape to ensure that the etching creme didn't get on the glass around it.  I followed the instructions on the etchall® etching creme and you can see the result in the center.  Then, I added stenciled flowers around the edge.

Here's the finished result:
And, here it is in my cabinet:

This would make a great gift and is so easy to do and inexpensive to make. 
To see the other designs this month, use the big blue button to the left of this post.  And, if you want to purchase etching supplies, use the little bee button above it (I get a small percentage if you do!).  
Happy Crafting!
Terry

3 comments:

  1. That is so pretty. I especially loved it with the blue background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely, thanks for sharing your many talents with everyone. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful!!!! What a lovely shower or wedding gift. You coud even personalize it wtih someone's name or initals.
    Have you ever glued a glass candle stick to the underside center of a plate and made it into a cake plate??? This design woud be perfect for that. Wonderful and creative...job well done!! <{{}}><

    ReplyDelete