Pages

Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Pretty Palettes :: January Reveal

Hi Everyone1

Before January is totally gone, I wanted to squeeze in a little playtime for myself and create something for the January Pretty Palettes challenge on the Halcraft blog.  This month, Erin has found some amazing snowflake photographs for inspiration.  For me, January has been filled with tax forms, needlepoint designing and the Craft and Hobby Show, so this designing time is a great little break to play with the beads.

Life is so full that I didn't have time to head down to Michaels, but I did have some AB rondelles already on hand from the Bead Gallery and I picked up some Bliss Beads (also made by Halcraft) at my local JoAnn's.

So, here is what I created.  I made a pendant with a wire ring and some of the crystal AB beads in the shape of a snowflake and added it to a quick and easy necklace. 

I'm finishing this after the light has gone, so it is not as sharp as possible, but I like how the pendant came out.  I can see a necklace with a flurry of these in different sizes.
Snowflake Necklace

Happy Creating! And, check out all the other snowflake-inspired designs! 

Photos the next day:
Snowflake Necklace
 And, here's a close-up:
Close-up of Snowflake Pendant
It's so much easier to get a good photo with the right light.  I'm still working on it as you can see.  It's part of the learning process! Now, I'm wondering if I should have a dark background....
 

1 comment:

  1. I love how you made your own focal! I am always on the lookout to customize and tailor my pieces to be unique using the same beads as everyone else (that is the subject of my upcoming Beads Baubles and Jewels episode!) This ticks all the boxes for me. Thanks for playing along! The new inspiration will be live tomorrow! Enjoy the day! Erin

    ReplyDelete